Happy Friday from Hollywood! Warm weather and sunshine - I couldn't ask for anything more! I hate to have to think about anything other than how wonderful life is right now but I wanted to afford myself a little accountability when it comes to health and fitness. So, to do that I'm going to give a weekly recap of my workouts (and talk about this awesome sandwich, of course!).
Sweating is one of the most effective ways to rid the body of "unhappy" toxins.
Feeling down? Sweat it out!
My fitness goals are pretty straightforward: shed excess fat, build endurance, and improve overall health. Easy right? Right...
I used to run pretty frequently, but after being stuck in the cold for so long, it's taken a backseat to indoor exercises like yoga or kickboxing or sitting on my ass. Until I read something that resonated with me - strength training burns more fat than cardio. Interesting. I tried it. And it's been awesome. I haven't been strength training for very long but I've already gotten lots of comments that I look more toned and just slimmer overall.
Endurance is still a very important part of my personal goals, though. I signed up for another half-marahon, so I still need to run. But I'm happy to - I actually love running. That runner's high is pretty addicting.
Enough of the jibber jabber. Here's my recap! (I went pretty easy for week 1 and afforded myself 3 rest days)
- Friday: Strength training circuit
- 20 forward lunges (each leg)
- 20 reverse lunges (each leg)
- 20 side lunges (each leg)
- 30 donkey kicks (each leg)
- 30 leg lifts (each leg)
- 20 bridges
- 30 pushups
- Saturday: This morning yoga video by Tara Stiles, 2 mile run, this post-run stretch video (2x) which I absolutely love, strength training circuit, 30 bicycle crunches, and shoulder stretches (trying to fix that bad posture, nahwhatimean?)
- Sunday: rest day :)
- Monday: Morning yoga video by Tara Stiles, 3 mile run, post-run stretch video (2x), strength training circuit, 30 standing donkey kicks (each leg)
- Tuesday: rest day :)
- Wednesday: Morning yoga by Tara Stiles, 3 mile run, post-run stretch video (2x), strength training circuit, 30 bicycle crunches
- Thursday: rest day and lots of traveling
Now for this sandwich! Oh dear, it was delicious. Like I mentioned before, I inadvertently became vegan for about a week due to lack of animal-sourced assets. I had some chickpeas so I made the classic vegan snack: hummus. I needed lunch for school so I just spread that on some slices of whole wheat bread. I added red and yellow bell pepper slices for crunch and added texture, and some avocado because it's fucking bomb. Sorry, but that's just how strongly I feel about avocado. (More about it here.)
That's it for this week! Stay healthy people!