Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Recipe: Coconut Blueberry Pancakes

DSC03652
Summer sundays call for blueberry pancakes...with a tropical twist, of course.
pan

I don't know about you, but I love watching shows like Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives and Man v Food. The burgers, the bbq, the ice cream, the comfort food...I'm salivating just thinking about it. But what never really gets me are those humungous pancakes. I know you're pickin up what I'm puttin down. Those pancakes that are served on pizza pans. Why?? I guess it's fun to eat something that obnoxious for breakfast (hopefully shared amongst a few friends) but I'd rather save my table space, thank you. What I love when it comes to breakfast is definitely thick, fluffy pancakes, stacked high so every bite can't help but be a fork full. These definitely fit the bill.

These are a bit of a take on some coconut crusted french toast I had a while back. The coconut (especially the sweetened variety) leaves a perfect caramelly, tropical touch to your typical pancakes. That paired with the slight tartness in the blueberries makes for a damn good start to the day.



  Follow From the Lion's Den on Twitter Follow on Bloglovin Follow From the Lion's Den on Pinterest Follow From the Lion's Den by Email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments!

xo - Christine from The Lion's Den