Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Bows Knows

DSC02449 
The last few years I've been away from home due to either work or school and, as a result, I haven't been able to celebrate my past few birthdays at home. Actually, I was semi-touring Europe for my birthday last year so you all can proceed on going Office Space on the tiny violin I'm attempting to play.

This year, though, I was actually able to celebrate in California! Minus some inevitable hiccups, I had a great time and simply enjoyed spending time with people I love. AND. I finally got an opportunity to wear these beauties! Say hello to another pair of my favorite shoes.  

DSC02460 
I know, I have a lot of favorites when it comes to shoes, but I mean look at these! There are BOWS on them and they're standing tall at 4.5in! And as if it couldn't get better, I snagged them during another after-Christmas sale. Perfect

I tried some JCrew bowed heels that I first saw on Pink Peonies. They were leather rather than satin, and a very adorable pale pink color. Ultra girly, which I'm all about. However, they just fit horribly. Not at all acceptable for my wide feet. And the heel was a boring 3.5in. Yeah, no thanks. 
DSC02443 DSC02452 DSC02474
Crop top: NastyGal
Leather jacket: Joie
Tulle skirtSammy Dress ($16 with shipping!)
Wallet/clutchSophie Hulme
WatchKate Spade
Shoes: Kate Spade (available at Nordstrom)

I remember a few years back when I was complaining to a friend that I just couldn't find anything with bows on them. I adored the selection at Kate Spade, but at the time that was my only source of bow adornments and even that was limited.

In the past year or so, I've been in bow heaven. Almost to the point of suffocation. I can admit that bows can either be feminine and sweet or just tacky. However, these shoes are definitely in the classy femininity side of that spectrum and I'm beyond stoked about it.
Signature
Follow From the Lion's Den on Twitter Follow on Bloglovin Follow From the Lion's Den on Pinterest Follow From the Lion's Den by Email

8 comments:

  1. Oh no! Those shoes are too cute :)


    Lisa – AT LEAST BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazining look. So sheek and stylish. you look superb. www.shirshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday!!!! Those shoes are so cute!

    Abby
    www.champagneplans.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this whole look! I have been searching for the perfect crop top and tulle skirt and these are both perfect! :)

    www.PolishedClosets.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful skirt and look!

    styleonmel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love the shoes, great look.
    http://foureyesval.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome outfit! Love the shoes!!!! I'm following u on bloglovin. Hope u follow me too!
    http://tinytiffs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look! Those shoes are to die for! Love your style :)

    Xoxo,
    MaRae
    The Always Fabulous (http://thealwaysfabulous.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments!

xo - Christine from The Lion's Den