|This is actually a huge rock with a bathtub type hole in the top. Beyond on that opening is a long way down.|
"In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous."
Admittedly, I suck. The second week of Fitness Fridays and I neglect it. I apologize. It might be because I didn't really even do anything fitness related last week...oops. Like most trips back to LA, I spent most of my time eating. But! I did get a couple good days outdoors!
Exhibit A: the Friday before last, my boyfriend and I went on a hike in Chatsworth. Looks hot, doesn't it? A welcome change from the freezing temperatures in Indiana.
|We found the Big Fish tree!|
This was a look up towards the path my boyfriend decided to take on the way down. As you can see, it's not much of a path. Much more of a bunch of seemingly unstable rocks and scratchy bushes. When adventure doesn't smack him in the face, he seems to always find it.
|Poison oak - never knew what it looked like until that day. Again, it helps to have an outdoorsy boyfriend.|
Wearing: Lululemon top and shorts, Karen Walker Super Duper Strength sunglasses, and Nike shoes
I should also mention our adventure the Sunday before last. We went snowboarding! Truth be told, I haven't gone snowboarding since either high school or just after (almost ten years ago!). I think I did ok though, and needless to say, I came out of the experience super tired and sore. If you guys follow me on Instagram (which you should!), you'd have seen a photo of me where I spent a lot of the day - on my ass.
We also got to watch an awesome KROQ show featuring Bad Suns and Kongos. It. was. awesome. Photos and video on my Instagram too! If you haven't heard of them before, you should definitely look them up.
I did do a bit better this week with the workouts, however (and with the eating). After all that traveling though, I really felt the repercussions of sitting in one place for about 7 hours (the length of my travel time). My left leg was killing me for most of the week and it felt like something wasn't flowing right in there or something. As a result, I took it easy.
Here's the recap:
- Friday: still enjoying California. Does standing in these Kate Spades count?
- Saturday: more eating. Gotta have cake for birthday celebrations, right? Ugh, I'm awful.
- Sunday: Day. of. traveling. 30 min on a shuttle van, 4 hours on a place, then another 2.5 hours on a bus back to South Bend. Woof.
- Monday: 3 miles on the treadmill! Post run stretch (2x)
- Tuesday: rest, stretches for hamstrings, quads, and back
- Wednesday: Denise Austen Yoga Metabolism Booster Workout. I highly recommend this video. It's 30 min long so if you're pressed for time this is an awesome cardio/stretch/strength option. Don't be discouraged by how quickly she transitions between moves. Once you do the video a couple times, you'll definitely get the hang of it and love it as much as I do!
- Thursday: 3 miles on the treadmill
- 100 dead lifts (30lbs)
- 100 leg presses (80 lbs)
- 100 calf raises (80 lbs)
- 50 rows (each side, 10 lbs)
- 50 bench dips
- 30 tricep extensions (each side, 10 lbs)
- 50 lateral raises (both arms simultaneously, 10 lbs)
- 50 front raises (both arms simultaneously, 10 lbs)
- and the first day of this 30-day plank challenge!
Have a great weekend!