Monday, April 7, 2014

Baked Rosemary Donuts with Lavender Glaze

donut 2_edited-1
I like weird things. Every time I go to a restaurant, my friends know I'm going to order the weirdest thing on the menu. I really never used to be this way. I used to think that when I tried to explore something beyond my comfort zone, I always ended up regretting it. Well, my palate has changed since then and now I prefer the weird. I prefer knowing what I like and what I don't rather than not knowing. I like to try new things and learn more about myself in the process. This particular combination may not be the weirdest thing in the world, but it's definitely a unique variation of a classic, and something I wouldn't have wanted to try in my adolescence. 
donut10DSC02836
I have to admit that whenever I thought of lavender, I automatically thought of thyme as its herbaceous counterpart. (And lemon as its citrusy mistress.) But, admittedly, the rosemary was a beautiful compliment. The combination produced a kind of fresh taste, like subtle mint, and I have never felt so light after having donuts before (and I swear it isn't because these are mini sized).  
DSC02830
I have a 7-Eleven downstairs from my apartment, and I'd much rather have these than anything striking Homer Simpson's fancy. 

[click recipe for printable version]
Baked Rosemary Donuts with Lavender Glaze

What unusual combinations or ingredients do you love?
Signature
Follow From the Lion's Den on Twitter Follow on Bloglovin Follow From the Lion's Den on Pinterest Follow From the Lion's Den by Email

8 comments:

  1. Donuts are my weakness. Dammit, I just went to the gym, Christine! :P

    Have you tried Fonuts in LA?

    xx, Genevieve
    www.styledsealeddelivered.blogspot.com - Hope you'll follow back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I mean, they're whole wheat ;) No, I haven't but I've been wanting to go! Recommend it?

      Delete
  2. These look delicious and would be perfect for hosting a brunch or just a lazy sunday morning :)

    Abby
    www,champagneplans.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, YUM!!!!

    http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful recipe...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummmm
    francesca http://www.frankvinyl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've actually been on an éclair kick lately so I might use that lavender glaze for my éclairs!

    Valentina
    Valentina Duracinsky Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments!

xo - Christine from The Lion's Den