The Capsule Makeup Bag: the answer to my terminal tardiness. How I always seem to convince myself that 15 minutes is enough time to get ready, I can't tell you. Here are some of my favorite and most convenient products, perfect for always keeping on hand!
- Face -
- Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation: This is my favorite foundation but it's been discontinued! ugh. I really love this for my capsule bag because it's easy to put on with fingers and the container is small and easy to pack. (unlike glass bottles or formulas better applied with brushes)
- Clinique Airbrush Concealer: great under eye concealer that yields enough coverage with slight highlighting in a convenient pen.
- Bobbi Brown Face Touchup Stick: sufficient spot concealing with no brush necessary! And in a tiny little stick. I prefer the concealer I use at home (Cover FX) but this one is perfect for on the go or touch-ups throughout the day.
- Hourglass Bronzing Duo in Sunset: wax-free cream blush and contour duo in a sleek container and easily applied with fingers.
- Cover FX Blotting Powder: Awesome powder that keeps my t-zone oil at bay all day! It also provides likely more coverage since it's tinted but without the chalky look I got with my MAC Skinfinish Powder.
- Sonia Kashuk Travel Powder Brush: the only tool I really need on a daily basis and it retracts as to keep the rest of your bag nice and clean! Super cheap from Target too!
- Eyes -
- Shu Uemura S-Curler Eyelash Curler: Shu Uemura eyelash curlers are by far the best but this slightly weird version is perfect for your makeup bag! It's just as effective but sits at about half the width. Nice and sleek!
- Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Dark Brunette: Incredibly convenient because it's another duo-function product since it has the eyebrow brush attached. The formula of the pencil is waxy and firm, perfect for filling in the sparse areas of my brows but still looking natural. And the arched, thick pencil makes it incredibly easy to apply quickly.
- Anastasia Eyebrow Gel: this is extra perfect because it was a tiny sample size, but this formula perfectly holds my brows in place all day without that horrible crusty feel.
- Sephora Waterproof Eyeliner: I'm definitely more of and eyeliner person than an eyeshadow person. This one was cheap, intensely pigmented, and easily smudge able.
- Lips -
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in clear: my lips get really dry throughout the day and this mini size I got in a Christmas variety pack takes up no space at all. Plus, this product is incredibly hydrating and smells wonderful.
- YSL Rouge Volumpte Silky Sensual Lipstick in #3 Beige Ultimate: I like to keep a good daytime, work appropriate lipstick with me. This lipstick is moisturizing, incredibly easy to apply (no brush necessary!), and #3 is a beautiful beige/pink for everyday.
- Nars Lipstick in Heat Wave: I always keep a lip color for night in my bag just in case I go out straight from work, and this is my all-time favorite.
- Extras -
- Elizabeth & James Nirvana White Rollerball: I absolutely love both Nirvana scents (and have rollerballs in both) but the Sephora rollerballs are perfect for toting around.
- I always keep contacts on hand just in case and a hair tie, because...this hair...ugh.
- SHOP THE CAPSULE HERE -
Am I missing any of your favorites? Any recommendations?