Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Recipe: Brisket, baby.

DSC03199
Better late than never. Especially in regards to brisket.

DSC03197
DSC03200

I hope you all had a safe and wonderful long weekend! This recipe probably would've served you all well this weekend, but despite the holiday's conclusion and the work week's commencement, I wanted to keep the summer vibes alive. I've never made brisket before, and am fairly certain this is anything but authentic, but hot damn is it good. Regardless of my amateur status, I was pleasantly surprised by how wonderfully the flavors complemented each other and how tender the meat turned out. So pleasantly surprised in fact that I immediately regretted the decision to buy such a small piece of beef (in spite of the fact that I was only cooking for one). 

My advice: double this recipe.



  Follow From the Lion's Den on Twitter Follow on Bloglovin Follow From the Lion's Den on Pinterest Follow From the Lion's Den by Email

6 comments:

  1. Oh myyyyyy, that looks DELISH. That first picture...mmmm. Love the little jar you've put your BBQ sauce in.

    Tamsin xx | A Certain Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently discovered your blog and I really like it! I'm following you now :-)
    Hope you'll like mine too!

    XO,
    Taria-ann
    www.frunettte.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wonderful blog!!!
    Kiss
    Paolo
    If you want to make a gift, see my creations here :)
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.451780224956478.1073741826.179028948898275&type=3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good!

    Scarlett

    www.glimpsenglimmer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks so delicious!! you have a beautiful blog dear. hope you can take a look at my blog and follow if you'd like x

    www.joyyiu.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments!

xo - Christine from The Lion's Den