Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Comfort Food: Meatloaf Edition

DSC03337
Meatloaf is fairly new territory for me. I think the only kind I've had were Filipino versions and they probably don't serve as the best representation. Plus, I'm still not sure how I feel about raisins in my meatloaf. 

Typically, when I try something new, something I've never made (let alone really tasted) before, I go for a classic version. I suppose I try to build a foundation of sorts first, then work on my own variations. This time, I figured I'd go for the "weird" version first. I felt like doing something special since this was the first real meal I've made in my new kitchen. And what a way to christen the new crib! (points to everyone who got the Fresh Prince reference)

DSC03321 DSC03328 DSC03335

I used this recipe from Food52 (always a reliable source) featuring an awesome spicy blackberry barbecue sauce. The recipe was really easy to put together and the meatloaf came out incredibly moist. I was worried by how little vegetables are in the recipe given all the fillers in other recipes, but this was just meaty goodness. The sauce was spicier than I anticipated but it was a welcome surprise. Go light on the cayenne if you're heat-averse. Speaking of the sauce.. I have some leftover and I'm definitely throwing it on some chicken. Noms.


  Follow From the Lion's Den on Twitter Follow on Bloglovin Follow From the Lion's Den on Pinterest Follow From the Lion's Den by Email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments!

xo - Christine from The Lion's Den