Thursday, June 19, 2014

Recipe: Spicy Sweet Mixed Nuts...A Studier's Best Friend

DSC03453
Good morning. My name's Christine, and I'm a stress-eater.

DSC03442 DSC03445 DSC03446

I'm sure at least some of you can relate. I'm unsure, however, what it is about chewing, but apparently there's something about it that seems to relieve stress. And by "relieve stress" I mean redirect the stress to something else...like eating too much and gaining weight. 

The key is surrounding myself with healthy eats and ridding my apartment of easily accessible, horrible treats. CONFESSION: I'm already lying. I have cookies in the cupboard right now. But let's give credit where credit is due! I've had that box of cookies for well over a week and I'm not even halfway done with them yet! victory

Back to the nuts - These are great for whatever type of stress-enduced craving to which you're vulnerable. It has everything - salty, sweet, spicy, crunchy, herby (who ever craves "herby" things??)! Plus, even just half a handful will leave you feeling satisfied. 

With most my recipes, this one is totally customizable too! Use whatever ingredients you happen to have on hand. Or add more cayenne for more spice, less sugar and butter to cut down on calories, or substitute fresh rosemary for the more convenient dried variety. Further, feel free to substitute for whatever nuts you prefer. I used almonds and walnuts since that's what I had on hand and I love how the "glaze" gets trapped in the nooks and crannies of the walnuts. But even plain peanuts would be great. The world is your bowl of nuts, so have at it! 

click for printable version


  Follow From the Lion's Den on Twitter Follow on Bloglovin Follow From the Lion's Den on Pinterest Follow From the Lion's Den by Email

1 comment:

  1. I love spicy nuts, but I haven't found a recipe I love yet. I can't wait to try out yours. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments!

xo - Christine from The Lion's Den