Friday, August 15, 2014

Fitness Friday?

The Health Hazards of Sitting - source: The Washington Post
There are tons of articles out there about the dangers of sitting. I believed them, but it wasn't until now that I really believed them. Because I've finally realized that the last two months of me sitting on my ass screwed. me. up.


As you all probably noticed, I've been neglecting my Fitness Fridays for a while and that's because I honestly had nothing to report. I know being busy shouldn't be an excuse to neglect your health but I can't deny that I let it get the best of me. I want to say studying for the bar is just different from business from work or school, but that's mostly because I'm trying to convince myself that I won't let this happen again.

I wouldn't say I was in tip top shape before studying began, but I definitely wasn't horribly out of shape. Now... well, I've never felt like this before. Lunges are difficult. I could do about half the amount of pushups I could do before. I'm breathing a lot harder. Body fat > muscle mass. ugh.

But I'm slowly but surely trying to get back into my fitness groove. Now that the bar is over, I have more time in the day to work on my health. On Wednesday, I went to a yoga class at a local studio, Black Dog Yoga. I went to the Mindful Body Sculpt class and I every part of my body is still sore. Our instructor, Chappell Westlake (you can find her on YouTube here), had us use yoga blocks, a purple ball, resistance bands, free weights, and sliders to work EVERYTHING. Lunges, balance moves, arm/shoulder/back/leg moves with the resistance bands, mountain climbers, BURPEES, planks, bridges, and a bunch of other stuff with titles I'm unaware. Long story short: it was hard, but really good.

Another really great (and really hard) fitness find? FitSugar's Bikini Circuit.

I need a foam roller. My body...ouch.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments!

xo - Christine from The Lion's Den