Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Peach Mango Smoothie

8.12.3
Leftovers from the farmer's market are still standing strong. Well, they were. Until they were liquified in a blender and drunk by yours truly.


8.8
I visited the Philippines about 7 years ago (holy crap, it's been a while) and I quickly discovered it is mango nation. We literally had mango at every meal. Mango smoothies for breakfast (with eggs and rice), freshly cut mango for dessert after lunch, mango shakes at dinner. I would call it an overflow of mango but I only wanted more. The mangos there aren't the regular mangos here. They're the smaller, skinnier, wholly orange and much sweeter. They have a similar variety available in the US but they aren't nearly as good as the ones in the Philippines. Long story short, I LOVE mango and can readily eat it everyday. I just wish I could teleport over the ones from the other side of the Pacific.
8.12.4 8.12.2
With my tropical memories associated with mango, of course I had to add a good spoonful of coconut to this smoothie. Feel free to omit (or add more). Or add protein for a filling breakfast.

PEACH MANGO SMOOTHIE
yield: 1 large smoothie or 2 small smoothies
prep time: 10 min

INGREDIENTS

   1/2 Cup yellow peach, diced
   1/2 Cup mango, diced
   1 medium banana
   1 Tbs coconut
   1 Cup almond milk (or regular milk)
   1 Cup ice cubes

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Break up the banana into thirds, or smaller.
  2. Throw all ingredients into a blender. 
  3. Blend until smooth.
  4. Drink the goodness!
Delicious and couldn't be easier. Perfect, I know.

          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments!

xo - Christine from The Lion's Den